Hello! My name is Fatima Nicdao. I have over ten years of high school teaching experience in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and has taught and lived abroad in Nicaragua and India. I received my BA in Psychology and Theology at Franciscan University of Steubenville and my Masters in Secondary Education (2009) and Masters in Catholic School Administration (2016) at Loyola Marymount University (LMU). I am currently an Ed.D candidate for the LMU Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership for Social Justice (Year 2).
I specialize in curriculum, instructional delivery and educational technology and presented in various tech conferences such as C3 in the Archdiocese of LA, CUE in Palm Springs and in various Ed tech conferences in the public and private sector. I am a resource on: 21st Century learning and teaching frameworks, project based learning, Google Apps (G Suite), Apple products, Makerspace, successful integration of technology in the classroom, professional learning communities (PLCs), professional learning networks (PLNs), teacher observation/feedback and mentoring, social media and leadership.
Besides education, I love to travel and have been to 18 countries and over 300 cities, am an avid guitarist, amateur DJ, Comic-Con enthusiast, and aspiring linguist and am learning my 4th language (Mandarin). I also enjoy being a foodie, watching musicals, and reading non fiction books.
• Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio
BA Psychology and Theology
• Loyola Marymount University - Masters in Education
• Loyola Marymount University -Masters in Catholic School Administration
• Loyola Marymount University - Candidate for Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership in Social Justice
• 11 years classroom teaching experience
• Director of Technology
• English, Theology and History Instruction
• Teaching Abroad: Nicaragua and India
• Apple Specialist (2 years)
• Teacher Tech Training
1:1 Pilot (Workshop Wednesdays)
• 1:1 Program with Chromebooks and MacBooks
• Integrating Technology
• C3 Conference Speaker for Archdiocese of L.A.
• CUE LA Affiliate/CUE member
• ISTE Member
• SGV CUE Tech Fair
• CUE Conference 2015
• Google Summit Conference 2014 and 2015
• Digital Citizenship at LACOE